KEYNOTE: Sylvia Cheuy
Prior to joining Tamarack, Sylvia was the founding Executive Director to Headwaters Communities in Action (HCIA), a grassroots citizen initiative that fosters collaborative leadership and action in support of a long-term vision of well-being for Ontario's Headwaters region. This experience gives Sylvia practical knowledge and first-hand experience of what it takes to engage and mobilize positive community change. Her work with HCIA was published as a chapter entitled, A Citizen-Led Approach to Enhancing Community Well-Being in the newly published Handbook of Community Well-Being Research.
Areas of Expertise
- Community Engagement
- Multi-Sector Collaboration
- Collective Impact
- Reflections on Community Change: Two Countries, Two Perspectives, One Vision for Moving Forward. Paper. 2018
- Community Engagement: A Foundational Practice of Community Change. Paper. 2018.
- The Community Innovation Imperative. Paper. 2017.
- The Case for Cultivating Community Resilience: Adapting to Challenges, Sustaining Hope. 2016. Community Change Institute Series.
- Deepening Community: Realizing the Potential of Citizen Leadership. 2015. Engage!