University Dining is committed to providing all students access to balanced choices in our dining locations. Our nutrition goals are to empower students to develop a balanced eating pattern, to promote positive lifestyle choices, and to foster a proactive approach to their health through their food and beverage choices. We support our students and guests in making informed choices by providing nutrition facts panels with ingredients and allergen information online, nutrition counseling from our full time registered dietitian, and a variety of educational resources throughout our locations.
Meet the Dietitian
Dining employs registered and certified dietitian, Sarah Sippl, who is available to answer any questions about making changes to your health through nutrition, about how to manage medical conditions that may influence your nutrition, or how to navigate the college years with food allergies or special dietary needs. Students who follow a medically prescribed diet or who have food allergies/intolerances, or other medical conditions that require dietary restrictions may contact the dietitian to schedule an appointment to discuss the best way to manage your conditions while attending UW-Stout. Those individuals with physician documentation may also want to discuss the use of the special diet pantry for access to additional food choices that meet your individual needs.
Other services that our students find beneficial include tips and tricks about maintaining balance and health on a budget, presentations on nutrition related topics in the residence halls or to student organizations, and special nutrition related events throughout the year.
To request an appointment, please contact Sarah at 715.232.3599 or email@example.com. You may also use the “contact a dietitian” function located below.
University Dining provides nutrition information, including a nutrition facts panel, ingredients, and allergens, for all products produced in our kitchens. From our online nutritional database, you can find information about:
- Nutritional content of foods, including ingredient lists
- Different dining locations on campus
- A week’s worth of menus so our customers can plan ahead to meet their nutritional goals and needs
- Filters that can be used for the top 8 food allergens (milk, wheat, eggs, soy, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, and peanuts)
- Information about whether food is vegetarian, vegan, contains pork, or is naturally free from gluten.
Our plate analysis software can be found:
- From our University Dining website on a computer or smart phone browser
- From kiosks located outside or inside of each dining location
- From the Dining tab on the Stout app