The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private-sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to demonstrate their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
The WRP is an excellent way for students and recent graduates with disabilities in all fields of study to:
- Market their abilities to a wide variety of potential employers across the United States
- Sharpen their interviewing skills during a required phone interview with a WRP recruiter
- Gain valuable skills, experience, and contacts on the job
- Prove that people with disabilities can be excellent employees
Important WRP Dates:
- Registration opens: August 30
- Student registration closes: October 11
- Student applications close: October 13
- Student must submit a WRP application and upload their resume and transcript by October 13.
- Cover letters, writing samples, and letters of recommendation are optional.
- Informational interview accommodations due: October 20
- Recruiter assignments posted: October 20
- Interview period: October 25 –November 17
- Database of eligible students released to employers: Mid-December