Join the Ideation Jam for an entrepreneurial weekend of idea generation, pitch training, and feedback from campus and professional mentors. Participants will:
- Learn Lean Start-Up methods used by WiSys in their WiSys Big Idea Tournament.
- Build cross-campus and cross-disciplinary friendships between and among students and faculty.
- Conduct customer discovery and early market analysis (key elements that make or break a start-up’s success).
- Meet experienced mentors, facilitators, and investors who want to see your idea succeed.
- Learn about start-up business creation even if you do not want to start a company.
- Gain a toolkit to turn your ideas into reality.
- Ideation Jammers will be able to show off new skills in creativity, prototyping, pitching, and pivoting.
Important: The Ideation Jam concludes with non-competitive pitches in front of a professional panel of judges. You will receive positive mentor-like feedback. Following the Jam, attendees are encouraged to stay and participate in the WiSys Big Idea Tournament prequalifying event. Based on this prequalifying event, students may be eligible for the WiSys Big Idea Tournament.
The winner of the UW-Stout Prequalifying Event for WBIT receives 1 month of coaching and will travel, expenses paid, to UW La Crosse on 19 April 2024 to compete with prequalify winners from 10 other UW institutions for $2500.00 in prize money!