We are proud to have engaged advisory committees that serve our academic programs at UW-Stout. Committee members provide valuable insight and guidance for our educational programming, and work collaboratively with Program Directors, faculty, staff, and students.
Composition of the Committee
- Membership should include:
- faculty and academic staff from across colleges
- ex-officio representatives from Student Services, Enrollment Services
- other administrative support, as needed
- One-year appointments are effective at the beginning of the academic year; appointments are renewable.
- Membership is announced at the beginning of each school year by the appropriate academic dean.
Function of the Committee
- Recommend curricular changes to the college and division.
- Advise and assist on matters such as:
- student advisement
- program assessment and review
- student needs projections
- placement prediction and job market outlook
- Meet once each semester or more frequently as needed.
Role of the Program Director
- Convene and chair meetings.
- Apprise committee of program status.
- Consult the committee on short- and long-range goals and projections for the program.
- Recommend and present proposed changes for college divisional curricular process.
- Furnish meeting minutes to the college dean.
- Recommend committee membership for approval by the dean of the college responsible for the program.
- Notify committee members of appointments.