Are you a secondary school student who has successfully completed PLTW courses? Apply for transcripted college credit from UW-Stout and earn 3 semester credits per course.
To successfully receive PLTW credit, you must meet these conditions:
- Your school must be certified by PLTW.
- All requirements for PLTW courses must be satisfied, and you must achieve an average of 85% or better for the course.
- You must take the college credit exam and pass with a grade of at least 70%.
How to Register
- Download the PLTW Registration Form.
- Student Information: the student completes this section and gives it to the PLTW teacher.
- Instructor/Course Information: the PLTW teacher completes this section of the form and mails it to:
Attn: Transfer Coordinator
212 Millennium Hall
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Menomonie, WI 54751
Credit From Other Universities
Up to six (6) credits from other Affiliate Universities may be used as electives toward a degree at UW-Stout. Possible substitution of PLTW credits for meeting specific programmatic requirements at the University is at the discretion of the individual programs. Currently, PLTW courses do not have specific program equivalents at UW-Stout.