The institute will engage faculty, community, and industry in collaborative education, service and applied research that results in multi-disciplinary mechanisms for producing efficient economies, resilient ecosystems, and an equitable society.
- To pioneer new pathways for career-focused education to undergraduate and graduate students through graduate degrees and certification in various dimensions of sustainability
- To proactively serve an inclusive and diverse population of students, faculty, and industry participants to promote sustainable communities and ecosystems
- To build and strengthen authentic and productive research alliances between the University and local, regional, national, and international stakeholders in sustainability.
- To pioneer new pathways for career-focused education in various dimensions of sustainability
- Foundation for 'Inclusive Excellence'
- Targeted recruitment and support for those who have not traditionally been served in STEM fields
- Continue to build authentic partnerships with community sustainability stakeholders through outreach and service