Learn how to start a company in a weekend.
February 24-26, 2023
Intensive three-day event:
Friday 5-9 pm | Saturday 9-9 pm | Sunday 9-4 pm
JHSW First Floor Atrium
Bring your ideas, a team, or conjure up something after you start jamming with others! Get your ideas out of the concept stage! Meals are provided! Open to all students, faculty, and staff. SPACE IS LIMITED
JOIN the 2023 Ideation Jam for an exciting entrepreneurial weekend of idea generation, pitch training, and feedback from campus and professional mentors. Participants will gain the following:
- Learn Lean Start-Up methods used by WiSys in their WiSys Big Idea Tournament.
- Build cross-campus and cross-disciplinary friendships between and among students AND faculty.
- Conduct customer discovery and early market analysis (key elements that make or break a start-up’s success).
- Meet experienced mentors, facilitators, and investors who want to see your idea succeed.
- Learn about start-up business creation even if you do not want to start a company.
- Gain a toolkit to turn your ideas into reality.
- Ideation Jammers will be able to show off new skills in creativity, prototyping, pitching, and pivoting.
Note: The Ideation Jam concludes with non-competitive pitches in front of a professional panel and mentor-like feedback. Following the Jam, however, attendees may remain to pitch in the PreQualifying competition for the WiSys Big Idea Tournament.
The WiSys Big Idea Tournament is an entrepreneurship competition open to undergraduate and graduate students attending University of Wisconsin System schools across the state (except UW-Madison). The competition teaches cutting-edge lean startup business development tools, provides business mentorship, and allows participants to compete at a state level for a chance to win seed funding for their idea.
UW-Stout is holding its local qualifier event following the Ideation Jam from 4:30 - 6 pm in Jarvis Hall Science Wing 112.
One team will be selected to move to the statewide tournament where they will compete against other UW university finalists for cash prizes.
The 2023 WiSys Big Idea Statewide Tournament will be Saturday, April 22nd, at Hyland Hall on UW-Whitewater’s campus.
Dr. Debbie Stanislawski is the Program Director for Marketing and Business Education at UW-Stout. Through this role, she prepares future K-12 teachers for their role in teaching entrepreneurship.
Mr. Gus Myran, Project Manager, Stout Manufacturing Outreach Center (MOC) and member of the Dunn County Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors.
Former VP of Operations for Nolato, and former General Manager of Phillips Plastics.