Topics include: big data, cloud computing, data analysis, data mining, high-performance computing, informatics, mathematical modeling, simulation, security, and algorithms. This field requires practitioners to have strong skills in mathematics, statistics, algorithm development, and programming.
It is the discipline engineers, scientists, economists, financial analysts, and security analysts utilize when their problems involve data and simulation. So the skills developed in this program may be used in many high tech areas.
For more information about scientific computing, browse these websites:
Employers & Positions
- Computer-vision Algorithm Developer
- Machine-Learning Scientist
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Staff Scientist-Modeler-Developer
- Ford Motors
- as well as at national laboratories