Skip to main content
Offer high quality, challenging academic programs that influence and respond to a changing society.
- Ready | Our focus on preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s jobs means many of our degrees are unique to Stout.
- Innovative | Our Advisory Committees, which include employers and alumni, infuse all our programs with real-world expertise.
- In Demand | Our well-prepared graduates are in high-demand – 98.7% are employed or continuing their education.
Preserve and enhance our educational processes through the application of active learning principles.
- Hands-On | A 3:1 lab-to-classroom ratio reflects our focus on hands-on learning.
- Applied Learning | All programs require an applied-learning experience – where students solve real-world problems.
- Connected | Small class sizes maximize learning and ensure students & instructors get to know one another.
Provide responsive, efficient, and cost-effective educational support programs and services.
- Engaged | Our grants and Student Jobs Program promote student research and engagement.
- Prepared | Our commitment to meeting student and employer expectations drives lab & facility renovation.
- Guided | Our expert advisors and support staff help ensure students succeed in school and the workplace.
Promote excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service.
- Supported | Workshops and “faculty-start-up” funds ensure new instructors get the support they need to succeed.
- Funded | Our Fellows programs and grants support research and increase job satisfaction.
- Skilled | With a focus on continual improvement, our instructors are always learning and innovating.
Recruit and retain a diverse university population.
- Welcoming | UW-Stout continues expanding recruitment efforts toward diverse student and employee populations.
- Global | Our students and employees come from across the nation and across the globe.
- Valued | We strive to create a supportive environment that increases recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty and staff.
Foster a collegial, trusting and tolerant campus climate.
- Inclusive | Stout values an environment that is inclusive to all campus members.
- Aware | Development opportunities enhance personal awareness and create a more welcoming environment.
- Personal | Stout fosters an environment where each person's potential is maximized, and opportunities for learning are promoted for all employees.
- Involved | Decisions are based on participatory processes where everyone has a voice.
Provide an environmentally sustainable campus that includes safe, accessible, effective, efficient and inviting physical facilities.
- Leaders | Our effective energy-reduction, waste reduction, and recycling programs make us a leader in the UW System and the nation.
- Stewards | The campus and community benefit from the efforts of our conservation-minded faculty, staff, and students.
- Green | We continually add renewable energy projects and green elements to our buildings and campus.