Graduate Degrees & Certificates
UW-Stout offers more than 20 distinctive, highly-regarded graduate and advanced degree programs and more than 20 graduate-level certificates. Distinguish your career or pursue a new profession with a rewarding program or certificate that aligns with your professional and personal goals. Our friendly Graduate School staff is here to help you navigate the nuances of the application process.
- M.S. in Applied Mathematics and Data Science
- M.S. in Applied Psychology
- M.S. in Career and Technical Education
- M.S. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- P.S.M. in Conservation Biology
- M.S. in Construction Management
- M.F.A. in Design
- M.S. in Education
- M.S. in Food Science and Technology
- M.S. Healthcare Administration
- M.S. in Information and Communication Technologies
- M.S. in Manufacturing Engineering
- M.S. in Marriage and Family Therapy
- M.S. in Nutrition and Dietetics
- M.S. Operations and Supply Management (On-Campus or Online)
- M.S. in Rehabilitation Counseling
- M.S. in Risk Control and Safety Management
- M.S. in School Counseling
- M.S.Ed. in School Psychology
- M.S. in Sustainable Management
- M.S. in Technical and Professional Communication
- M.S. in Training and Talent Development
- Ed.S. in School Psychology
- Ed.D. in Career and Technical Education Leadership
Professional Certificates to Enhance Your Career
Whether you're seeking a promotion in your current field or pursuing an emerging arena, UW-Stout's professional certificate programs offer the knowledge, skills, and experience to distinguish your career.
Certificates can be earned as a stand-alone program or in addition to your undergraduate [U] or graduate [G] degree. Undergraduate students are ineligible for graduate-level certificate programs.
Note: Certificates with an * are only available to on-campus students.
Art, Design & Graphics
- Design for Sustainability (Beginning Fall 2023) [G]
Business & Management
- Applied Ethics [U] *
- Event and Meeting Management Certificate [U]
- Human Resource Management [U, G]
- Occupational Safety and Risk Control [U, G]
- Organizational Development and Consulting [G]
- Project Management - Organizational Performance [U] (Begins Spring 2022)
- Six Sigma Black Belt [G]
- Six Sigma Green Belt [U]
- Sustainability and Well-being [G]
- Career and Technical Education Leadership [G]
- Practical Skills for Beginning K-12 Career and Technical Educators [U, G]
- Instructional Design [G]
Human & Social Sciences
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialist [U, G]
- Senior Living and Services Leadership [G]
- Sex Therapy [G]
- Social Work (On Campus) [U]
- Social Work (Online) [U]
- Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies [U] *
Information Technology & Communications
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Exam Preparation [U]
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Exam Preparation [U, G]
- Communicating with Emerging Media [G]
- Communication Studies and Rhetoric [G]
- Cybersecurity and Cyber Defense: Computer Networking Professional Development [U, G] *
- Cybersecurity and Cyber Defense: Secure Software Development [U] *
- Enterprise Technology [U, G]
- Improving the User Experience [G]
- Professional Writing [U]*
- SAP ERP and Business Analytics [U, G]
Science, Engineering & Math
- Math Specialist [G]
- Plastics Technology [G]
- Surface Water Science [U]
Apply to a UW-Stout Graduate Degree Program
To apply to a graduate-level degree program at UW-Stout, you'll need to complete both the general Graduate School application as well as your program-specific application. You can use UW-Stout's University Bulletin to explore graduate courses that interest you or check out all of our degrees and certificates. On individual graduate program pages, you can request information and find out what requirements you will need to apply.
Apply to a Graduate Degree Program
Use the Request Information form to receive more information about graduate program opportunities.
Advantages of a Graduate Degree
Earning your graduate degree has many advantages. It can lead to higher salaries, career advancement, increased subject knowledge, and a personal sense of accomplishment. Yet, is a graduate degree right for you? Here are some factors to consider when contemplating graduate school.
- Develop "Future-Ready" Career Skills
Companies are preparing to come out of the pandemic stronger by redirecting and modifying their business and operations models. Major companies across all sectors want to hire people with the right skills and a growth mindset - we can help you go further in your career.
- Increase Your Earning Potential
On average, an education, science, technology, and business graduate degree will earn you 38% more than an undergraduate degree. An added bonus at Stout is the majority of our programs allow you to develop a final project configured to benefit your employer or your company.
- Change Careers
In graduate school, you will learn about and more easily transition into a variety of fields. You'll attain the leadership skills necessary for the next 10, or even 20, years. Your chances of building a new and satisfying career are significantly improved with a graduate degree.
- Financial Assistance
We understand that pursuing a graduate degree can be a big investment. At UW-Stout we believe in making that investment affordable and worthwhile. The majority of UW-Stout graduate students have research or graduate internships to help them graduate with little or no debt.