Available for Fall 2023
The current workforce will require additional learning and reskilling to remain competitive in the constantly changing marketplace, but they'll need skilled specialists to prepare them for the future. U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA) estimates indicate 100,000+ training and development positions will appear by 2030.
Advance your career in this field by building foundational training and development competencies; leveraging learning technology; and managing change to improve individual, team, and organizational performances. Whether you plan to build new opportunities through a registered apprenticeship or an undergraduate or graduate degree, our online and asynchronous delivery of courses offer adult learners greater flexibility.
UW-Stout's Workforce Development Specialist Certificate comprises three classes that may be completed to fulfill the related instruction requirements for a non-traditional Department of Labor (DOL) registered apprenticeship, to gain the talent development knowledge and skills that are required by employers, or as an entry point for adults interested in pursuing an undergraduate and/or graduate degree.
Undergraduate Certificate Courses
- ICT 410 - Workplace Learning Technologies
- TRHRD 360 - Training Systems in Business and Industry
- TRHRD 450 - Managing Organizational Change Initiatives
Graduate Certificate Courses
- ICT 710 - Learning Technologies
- TRHRD 560 - Training Systems in Business and Industries
- TRHRD 650 - Managing Organizational Change Initiatives
Admission Requirements and Application Materials
To apply to the undergraduate or graduate certificate program, please complete the online application form.
Apply To the Undergraduate or Graduate Certificate Program
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.