Coming Fall 2023. Pending June 2023 Board of Regents Approval.
Lead the Future of Manufacturing
Take your education and experience in automation, digital transformation, or other cutting-edge disciplines to the next level. The only degree of its kind, UW-Stout’s B.S. Automation Leadership provides two-year graduates from SACA-member schools and others with degrees in automation, mechatronics and other related areas a gateway to leadership in Industry 4.0. Offering courses aligned with Smart Automation Certification Alliance (SACA) standards, UW-Stout’s Automation Leadership degree offers the relevant leadership and management training to enhance your industry-recognized credentials.
Core Automation Leadership Classes
- Digital Transformation
- Internet of Things in Operations
- Project Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Lean Manufacturing
- Automation Leadership Internship
- Automation Leadership Capstone
Maximize Transfer Credits & Earn Credit for Prior Learning
Transfer up to 88 credits from any technical or community college in the country. In addition to your general education credits, you’ll also get credit for program-aligned SACA certifications earned at any SACA-member institution.
Note: 32 credits must be completed at UW-Stout.
Complete Your Degree Online from Anywhere
After completing your SACA professional core and professional-level classes on site with a partnering technical college, all UW-Stout degree classes, including core program and remaining general education credits, can be completed entirely online.
Turn Your SACA Credentials into a Bachelor's Degree
- Complete Your SACA Professional Core Classes (40 Credits)
- Transfer Any General Education Credits You've Earned to UW-Stout (Up to 27 Credits)
- Complete SACA Professional-Level Classes (21 Credits)
- Complete UW-Stout's Core Automation Leadership Classes Online (21 Credits)
- Complete Any Remaining General Education Requirements Online
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.