Available for Fall 2023
Cultivating leadership competencies and self-awareness to motivate and lead others through change and uncertainty is fundamental to successful talent development. UW-Stout's Strategic Leadership in Talent Development Certificate is designed for training and/or talent/human resource development professionals seeking to develop effective leadership techniques, build collaboration skills, and enhance their ability to improve organizational performance. Certificate candidates will enhance their ability to positively influence individuals, build organizational relationships, and manage planned and unexpected change at the individual, team, and organizational levels.
Students who are interested in pursuing an advanced degree can apply credits earned in this certificate to the M.S. Training and Talent Development program.
- INMGT 750 - Organization Development
- TRHRD 650 - Managing Organizational Change Initiatives
- TRHRD 740 - Leading the Learning Function
- Develop a talent development vision and strategy to improve individual, team, and/or organizational performance aligned with organizational business strategies.
- Cultivate leadership competencies and self-awareness to motivate and lead others through change and uncertainty.
- Apply effective leadership techniques to inspire individuals and teams to achieve the organizational learning strategy.
Admission Requirements and Application Materials
To apply to the certificate program, please complete the online application form.
Additionally, the following program-specific materials are required at the time of application:
- Updated resume
- Unofficial transcript attached to the application
- Provide a 500-word statement, or short summary, that addresses your academic history and professional working experience.
Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the adult learner in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's customized instruction tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- Customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless if Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for Your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Program Director – faculty with discipline expertise.
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to students for each program.
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.