2016 Summer Session

Registration Begins

March 3, 2016 

Summer course search is available on Access Stout. UW-Stout Students can follow these helpful step-by-step guides to view your enrollment date and search for courses.

New Students can search classes by selecting "Search for classes" on Access Stout. For additional help finding Summer classes, please use our Class Search Walkthrough guide.

New Students

A Summer Session Registration Form must be filled out online and submitted. Once the Summer Session Registration form has been received and processed, a letter will be sent out with further instructions for completing the Fee Payment Agreement, which is required before registration can begin.

After completing your Fee Payment Agreement, follow these helpful step-by-step guides to view your enrollment date and search for courses. For additional help finding Summer classes, please use our Class Search Walkthrough guide.

High School Students

High school special (non-degree) students must have their application for admission signed by one parent or guardian and a high school guidance counselor or principal. Transcript and fee are not required.

If a course you are registering for requires a prerequisite you completed at an institution other than UW-Stout, then you must forward an official transcript to UW-Stout Admissions Office to confirm completion of the prerequisite.

NOTE: All Students will be charged a fee of $15 for dropping any class after the initial online no penalty drop period. Follow this step by step guide to locate deadlines for dropping courses online.

Additional Information

University Housing

Information about Summer housing availability can be found on the Summer Housing tab on the Housing Apply web page.

Campus Card

University of Wisconsin-Stout transitioned to a new photo ID card starting Fall 2015. The University of Wisconsin-Stout BlueCard replaced our existing Stout OneCard which was issued by Higher One. The new BlueCard is an instant-issue photo ID card with all of the same on-campus functionality. Any students or employees who have not received their new BlueCard may pick up their card at the Campus Card Office, 110 Price Commons.


Textbooks and other required resources for your classes are available for loan at Instructional Resources Service (IRS) located on the west side, second floor, of the Library Learning Center. More information regarding textbook rental can be found on the Instructional Resource Services/Textbooks website.

On Campus Childcare

The Child and Family Study Center offers programming for children ages six weeks through six years. The Child and Family Study Center will be open from June to August, and has several available programs. More information can be found on the Child and Family Study Center website.

Parking Permit

Summer parking permits are available through the Parking Services office. Students can stop in the Parking Office to purchase the permit. If they are unable to stop in, call Parking Services and someone in that office can take payment over the phone and mail the permit.