LEARNING COMMUNITY - S.T.A.R Scholars
- Students move to campus two weeks before the start of the fall semester to get to know the campus.
- Participate in workshops on transitioning to college.
- Students take two common courses together.
- General Psychology starts two weeks early and continues on fall schedule.
- Fundamentals of Speech is spring semester course.
- Students meet with the S.T.A.R. Scholars advisor and peer mentors for intentional one-on-one attention providing a link to campus resources, offer encouragement and support.
LIVING COMMUNITY - Stoutward Bound
- Participants required to live on-campus.
- Students are underrepresented minorities and supporters of diversity.
- Lives on the 4th floor of CKTO.
- Academic support through student outreach and community study sessions.
- Students will be given opportunities for personal growth through workshops, community activities and leadership development.
William Yang"It is a strong community that helps create deep bonds and lifelong friendships"