Tuition & Fees
Customized Instruction at UW Stout can be described as programs that are designed with the non-traditional student in mind. If you're comparing UW-Stout's online customized instruction (CI) tuition to our competitors, keep in mind:
- $353 per undergraduate credit — customized instruction tuition rate includes the textbook rental fee.
- There are no additional university-based semester or technology fees.
- Students in customized instruction programs pay the same rate of tuition regardless of whether they are Wisconsin residents, out-of-state or international participants.
Value for your Money
There’s more to value than just tuition. UW Stout also provides:
- Student Services adviser – one point of contact, providing support to online students
- Course sequences and matrices – know what courses are offered when so you can plan ahead.
- Courses and programs may be stackable for use in another program.
- Courses are flexible and convenient for working professionals.
Other universities will present costs and value differently - make sure you're comparing apples to apples.
UW-Stout prepares students to graduate with broad, important understandings of daily life in a global society. Thus, there are three university requirements to be fulfilled prior to graduation:
- Racial and ethnic studies (RES)
- Global perspectives (GLP)
- General education (GE, divided into categories and areas)
Within the general education requirement, a single course cannot be used by students to fulfill multiple categories; however, a single course might be eligible for more than one category. For example, CHEM-110 is approved as both Natural Science and Cross-disciplinary Issues, but CHEM-110 will meet just one category in the student’s program.