A helping hand in a time of need
UW-Stout has received a second round of federal funding (Known as HEERFII or CARES Round 2) designated directly for student aid. The vast majority of the funding has been distributed to students with exceptional demonstrated financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA. Those funds were distributed on Wednesday, March 17 to students.
Available Funds and Eligibility
A small amount of funding remains available to qualified students.
Changes since the last round of funding due to federal guidelines include:
- CI (Customized Instruction students) are eligible to apply.
- Graduate students with at least 5 graduate credits are eligible to apply.
- International students are eligible to apply.
- Due to the limited availability of funds, most awards will not exceed $500.00.
- A FAFSA is not required for application consideration in this round of emergency aid funding.
- Documentation will be required, in most cases, to support the application request.
The following are requirements for students who desire to apply for this round of financial assistance.
- Student must be currently enrolled at least part-time at UW-Stout. Part-time is defined as 6 undergraduate credits and 5 graduate credits.
- Students must have experienced some form of financial hardship due to COVID.
- Student will be asked to provide sufficient documentation of financial hardship due to COVID.
- Student should not submit application until appropriate documentation is attached.
- Funds may be used toward tuition, food, housing, healthcare, childcare, or technology needs.
- Priority consideration will be given to those individuals who did not receive funding through the Financial Aid distribution process on March 17th.
- Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.