Per the Chancellor's Mask Order, it is required that masks or face coverings be worn by all unvaccinated students, employees, and visitors while indoors on campus, and outdoors where physical distancing is not possible. Masks or face coverings are not required when an unvaccinated individual is alone in their office with the door shut or in a residence hall room; however, they are required when in the presence of others and in common areas (this includes common workspaces, meeting rooms, hallways, restrooms, elevators, and classrooms). Masks or face coverings are not required for fully vaccinated individuals indoors or outdoors.
Our Facilities Management personnel have completed extensive plans for the frequent cleaning of our buildings, as well as the installation of signage to encourage safe social distancing. We have also worked with health experts and the University of Wisconsin System to develop testing and contact tracing protocols to successfully control the spread of the virus on campus.
COVID-19 Summer Testing Information
- The legacy testing program with Weber Health in the Johnson Fieldhouse concluded on May 7.
- Employees, including student employees, who have been fully vaccinated may upload proof of vaccination to be exempted from the testing process. Please note that anyone exempt from required testing may still opt to be tested as needed/desired.
- Testing for employees, students, and community members will transition to eTrueNorth (ETN), the agency that has been providing the community surge testing since last fall.
- Testing this summer is a self-administered, Binax Now, nasal swab under the supervision of ETN medical staff.
There will be a pause for required employee and student testing from now through Friday, May 14. Beginning the week of May 17, employees may sign up for their COVID-19 testing time with ETN. Please note that this is a new link for employee sign-up. Please be sure to select UW-Stout Sports & Fitness Center, Employee/Student Employee, when registering for the test.
- All testing this summer will occur in the West Gym (where community surge testing has been occurring) in the Sports & Fitness Center.
- Supervisors will continue to receive testing compliance biweekly reports for all employees, including student employees.
- Community members are welcome to continue to test as often as they would like.