Embrace new cultures; meet new people; and gain independence, confidence, and global awareness all before you start college by studying abroad with JUMPSTART: Scotland.
June 25 – July 21, 2023
Complete Scotland-themed courses, rich with integrated excursions, in a safe and supportive living-learning community at Heriot-Watt University in Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh.
Two Program Options
Two program tracks offer courses, taught by friendly and seasoned UW-Stout faculty, to fit your academic plans.
- Art & Design Track
- DES-220: Introduction to 2D Digital Imaging
- ARTH-224: Survey of Art-Renaissance through 20th Century
- All Majors Track (including Undecided)
- LIT-196: Scottish Storytelling
- COMST-100: Fundamentals of Speech
- Participate in excursions in and around Edinburgh, your “lab” for learning.
- Take a trip to the famous Highlands, to experience the famous Isle of Skye, the great Loch Ness, and multiple Harry Potter filming locations
- Receive guidance and mentorship from our dedicated UW-Stout faculty leaders.
New study abroad program gives students JUMPSTART in precollege experienceContinue Reading
The estimated program fee of $6,050* includes 6 credits of tuition, OIE fees, e-Stout fee, international insurance, accommodation, breakfast, in-country transportation, cultural events, Highlands trip, & round-trip airfare. An estimated budget, inclusive of out-of-pocket estimates, is available online.
*Financial aid may apply by completing the 2022-23 FAFSA.
- Fully admitted for fall 2023.
Apply: A few spaces are still available. Qualifying applications are accepted first come, first served.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the application link with instructions.
Capacity is limited to 20 students per program track.
A Safe and Supportive Living-Learning Community
We encourage you to submerge yourself in a new culture and push beyond your comfort zone to experience what Scotland has to offer. By doing so, you'll develop a better understanding for others and an appreciation for the world we live in. Join us in summer 2023 where you will get to know your classmates and faculty while you live, learn, and work in a fun, supportive, and collaborative community.