If you're an ambitious, fun, caring, motivated person who loves working with teenagers, join us for a week at UW-Stout as a counselor for the Summer STEAM Experience.
Summer STEAM Experience is a collaboration of Art & Design Camp and STEM Camp featured in one week, June 16-20, 2019. Students entering grades 8 to 12 are invited to explore career paths with UW-Stout faculty experts while engaging in science, technology, engineering, art and math in a hands-on setting. Camp activities and career panels will provide well-rounded experiences to highlight the possibilities of creative and critical thinking.
Counselors will be responsible for:
- Supervising campers during the entirety of the camp.
- Working closely with your team of 10-12 campers.
- Serving as a role model, a mentor, and a leader.
- Serving as the health supervisor to your campers. (Training will be provided.)
- Overseeing the safety of the group.
- Ensuring campers are at their scheduled activity on time.
- Assisting with planning and implementing designated camp activities as a team.
- Attending camp counselor training.
- Providing support as a mentor to encourage campers to engage in all activities.
We are looking for people (18+) with a wide range of skills who can work collaboratively and form connections. Summer STEAM Experience will run June 16-20 and we will provide housing and food on the UW-Stout campus. Pay is $600 with room and board at UW-Stout.