- Students move to campus two weeks before the start of the fall semester to get to know the campus.
- Participate in workshops on transitioning to college.
- Students take two common courses together.
- General Psychology starts two weeks early and continues on fall schedule.
- Fundamentals of Speech is spring semester course.
- Students meet with the Stoutward Bound advisor and peer mentors for intentional one-on-one attention providing a link to campus resources, offer encouragement and support.
- Participants required to live on campus.
- Live on the Multicultural Living Community - First Year Experience floor (4th floor of CKTO).
- Students are underrepresented minorities and supporters of diversity.
- Academic support through student outreach and community study sessions.
- Students will be given opportunities for personal growth through workshops, community activities and leadership development.