The mission of the Center for Nutrition Education is to promote lifestyle and food choices that enhance health and well being through nutrition education and appropriate behavior change. The center will educate and empower health and human service providers to use effective lifestyle and nutrition assessment, educational processes, strategies and research to improve the quality of life for the clients they serve.
- Sponsored Changing Behaviors to Optimize Women's Health Conference
- Hosted culturally-sensitive counseling skills workshop
- Initiated a team-building seminar
- Co-authored review of Dietetics 1997-1999
- Developed portion photos of popular foods
- Hosted Sports Nutrition Conference: Enhancing Team Performance
- Created Nutrition Assessment Laboratory
- Healthy Choices: Brighter Futures Project
- Focus group with Eau Claire School District to determine barriers in helping children make healthy food choices and increasing physical activity
- Applying for funding to develop a nutrition education laboratory
- Planning a newsletter
- Photographing equipment in the nutrition assessment laboratory and demonstrating how to properly use the apparatus
- Seek grant funding for a sports nutrition laboratory.
- Conduct a feasibility study on how organic chemistry can be focused for dietetics students to increase retention. A model and textbook will be produced to be utilized in training dietetics and nutrition students around the country.