End of the Year Juried Show 2018
The Furlong Gallery will be open late on Friday, May 4th until 9 pm to remain open for Senior Shows
April 25th - September 13th, 2018
Opening reception Wednesday, March 25th, 530-7 p.m.
This exhibition will feature 68 works of art by 50 artists. The artwork is done in a variety of methods; including drawing, painting, ceramics, printmaking, sculpture, metals and contemporary jewelry, and photography.
At the end of each year, the Furlong Gallery holds an End of the Year Juried Show, switching off between fine art and design each year. This year, a fine art year, our Juror was Jill Olm, Associate professor of Art and Design at the University of Wisconsin Eau-Claire. On top of picking each of the pieces that would be in the show, the juror also picked the top three and several runners-up:
Top Three Pieces
- 1st: Thomas Wegner, B 5 on View
- 2nd: Emily Gordon, Gurgle Up All
- 3rd: Ed Erdmann, Idle Spring
- Galiliee Peaches, Excerpt from Every Room is
- Kasey O'Brien, Part Time Zero
- Ali Strangstalien, Portrait of a Cottonwood