Art & Design Week is a professional development opportunity for students in the BFA programs of the School of Art & Design (SOAD). This event is brought to you by UW-Stout Career Services and the School of Art and Design to help connect students with employers, design professionals, and alumni. Industry perspective and feedback is invaluable and will include portfolio reviews, panel discussions, and workshops.
March 22-26, 2021
For 2021, all events will be hosted virtually.
- Designing Your Creative Resume Mon., March 22 | 5:45-6:45pm
- Fine Arts Association Mon., March 22 | 7:00-8:00pm
- What Now for Visual Arts Tues., March 23 | 7:00pm
- Panel: Branding Yourself Online Tues., March 23 | 5:45-6:45pm
- Fine Arts Graduate Schools Tues., March 23 | 5:45-7:00pm
- School of Art + Design Speaker Series: Bob de Schutter Wednes., March 24 | 5:45-6:45pm
- Student Artist in Residence Info Session Wednes., March 24 | 7:00-8:00pm
- Can I Sit Here? Artist Discussion Panel Thurs., March 25 | 11:30am-12:45pm
- Panel: Starting a Creative Business Thurs. March 25 | 5:45-6:45pm
- Employer Spotlight: CyberConnect2 Thurs. March 25 | 7:00pm-8:00pm
- Portfolio Review Day Fri., March 26 | 2:00-4:00pm
- Free-Platforming Fri., March 26 | 2:00-4:00pm
Students can register for Portfolio Reviews here. 2020 Alumni are welcome to register to get their portfolios reviewed; priority will be currently enrolled students. Student & recent alumni registration closes March 21st at 11:59PM CST. View more details and links for all presentations in Stoutcloud >
How will virtual portfolio reviews work this year?
All reviews will be hosted virtually in Microsoft Teams. Each reviewer will have one unique link provided for them, and optional training will be offered on teams.
Students will be matched in advance with three different reviewers, and will be provided with that reviewer link, and the time when they should join the meeting. Students will either share their screen, or send a link to their website.
Additional information will be communicated after registration for both reviewers and students.