Helping you navigate the college experience.
Student Support Services strives to increase the retention and graduation rates of first-generation students, students who meet federal low-income criteria, and students with disabilities.
Operations in response to COVID-19: Student Support Services physical office is open with staff rotating between being on-campus and telecommuting. In the interest of staff and student health and safety, primary service delivery is a mixture of in-person and virtual for scheduled appointments and workshops. While walk-ins are welcome, students are encouraged to call ahead to schedule to ensure availability of staff and tutors, determine if services can be completed remotely and to maintain low density in the office and promote social distancing.
Special note for off campus visitors: Before visiting campus we ask that you review the expectations in the UW-Stout visitors guide.
UW-Stout’s Student Support Services (SSS), funded by federal TRIO grants, provides supplemental academic support and services for its 430 student participants. Student participants have access to the following:
- A dedicated TRIO SSS Advisor to assist with your Individual Student Success Plan (ISSP) goals in the areas of academic, financial, career and personal
- Financial Literacy Coach
- Writing and Math Specialists
- Peer Tutoring
- Peer Coaching
- Personal, Intercultural and Leadership Development Opportunities
- Graduate School Preparation
- Tuition waived TRIO SSS 1-credit courses: Strategies for Academic Success and Strategies for Successful Career Development
- TRIO SSS Workshops, Events and Activities
By creating and maintaining a supportive community and fostering a climate that values the social and cultural capital of our students, we aspire to empower them to maximize their potential and achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.