Helping you navigate the college experience.
Student Support Services strives to increase the retention and graduation rates of first-generation students, students who meet federal low-income criteria, and students with disabilities.
Winter Break Information
The SSS office will be closed on Friday, December 24, and Friday, December 31. From December 27-30, the physical SSS office will be closed but some staff will be working remotely and can be contacted by phone (715-232-5180) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The SSS office will reopen on Monday, January 3, 2022.
UW-Stout’s Student Support Services (SSS), funded by federal TRIO grants, provides supplemental academic support and services for its 430 student participants. Student participants have access to the following:
- A dedicated TRIO SSS Advisor to assist with your Individual Student Success Plan (ISSP) goals in the areas of academic, financial, career and personal
- Financial Literacy Coach
- Writing and Math Specialists
- Peer Tutoring
- Peer Coaching
- Personal, Intercultural and Leadership Development Opportunities
- Graduate School Preparation
- Tuition waived TRIO SSS 1-credit courses: Strategies for Academic Success and Strategies for Successful Career Development
- TRIO SSS Workshops, Events and Activities
By creating and maintaining a supportive community and fostering a climate that values the social and cultural capital of our students, we aspire to empower them to maximize their potential and achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.