Our EDUC 766 Instructional Strategies and Assessments online course will give you research-based methods for assessing learner performance and mapping appropriate assessment methods to instructional strategies and learning objectives.
Register now to reserve a spot.
There is no registration fee to reserve a class.
Three semester hours of graduate credit
Instructors: Maggie Rouman
Summer: June 28 - August 20, 2021
Tuition: $466 per semester hour graduate credit ($1,398 for a three-credit course)
Summer Tuition Due - July 21, 2021
Fall: October 25 - December 17, 2021
Tuition: $476 per semester hour graduate credit ($1,428 for a three-credit course)
Fall Tuition Due - October 2021
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development or call 715-642-0209.
Our Instructional Strategies and Assessments course includes:
- How objectives, instructional strategies, and assessment are linked. The critical nature of triangulation.
- The importance of sequencing material at the various levels of instructional objectives, lessons, and topics.
- Instructional strategies: when and how to include activities for direct instruction, practice, and transfer of learning. Examples include narrated PowerPoint, video, podcasts, screencasts, drill and practice, case studies, self-assessments, games, scenarios, and simulations.
- Assessing learning: methods for traditional and alternative assessments, including authentic assessments, self and peer evaluation, rubrics, online surveys, e-portfolios, tests, and mini-quizzes for self-paced tutorials. The role of feedback in learning.
- How assessment informs evaluation. Appropriate use of formative and summative data for decision-making and future development.
Completion of EDUC 765 Trends and Issues in Instructional Design
This is the second course of the four required courses for individuals pursuing the Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design.
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree program.