UW-Stout is now on Handshake!
Create your employer account in the system to post jobs, co-ops/internships, and events, request interviews, register and participate in recruiting events and more.
Handshake is the first stop students make when looking for these opportunities, and the service is free to students and employers.
Getting Started with Handshake
- Create a Handshake User Account
- Create a Handshake Company Profile
- Connect with University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Select to Post a Job, Request an Event, or Request On-Campus Interview Schedule
- Add Handshake (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) to your address book so system emails will not be filtered to your spam or junk mail.
Employers must adhere to our Recruiting Guidelines
UW-Stout Career Services reserves the right to determine employer accounts or job postings unsuitable for students/alumni.
To ensure your employer registration is approved, review the following guidelines:
- A thorough company description
- If a third-party recruiter, it must be declared on the profile and on contact profiles
- Location must include an address that is easily identifiable as a place of business (no personal addresses or P.O. Boxes, virtual spaces)
- A functioning website/web presence that clearly relates to the employer/organization and contains helpful information about the company for the potential applicant; website should not in be in a pre-launch/beta phase nor contain “coming soon” language
- Email address (primary for business that match the website domain, not Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail etc.
To ensure your job postings are approved, review the following guidelines:
- Qualifications for full-time positions must include a degree required or preferred or equivalent experience in place of degree or valid industry license
- Positions which charge a fee to the student will not be approved
- Job description provided is detailed, clear, and comprehensive
- Compensation is indicated and based on base salary (not including commission)
- Private individuals looking to hire a nanny, daycare, tutor etc. will not be approved