Modern games are among the most demanding of computer programming applications, requiring knowledge of advanced mathematics and physics which form the basis of the 3D graphics, artificial intelligence and game engines that make up the game programs.
The Game Design and Development concentration prepares you to design and develop software programs that use digital imagery and physics to create games, simulations or other applications. These programs can improve healthcare delivery, transform education, strengthen national security, shape public policy and continue to create social networks. Our program will prepare you for an amazing and rewarding career.
Awards and Honors:
- Winner 2017 Intel University Games Showcase
- National co-champion at the 2013 E3 College Game Competition
- International finalist at CHI Play 2014 Student Game Competition
- Ranked #15 top game design programs in 2017 by Princeton Review
- The first and only Game Design and Development program accredited under the Computer Science curriculum by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET