Come Grow with UW-Stout
The University of Wisconsin-Stout maintains a pool of qualified individuals who would like to teach courses on campus and/or online. Individuals with experience and appropriate degrees in the instructional areas offered at UW-Stout are encouraged to apply.
Adjunct instructors work on a part-time basis to augment the instructional needs that current staff is not available to meet.
UW-Stout department chairs and/or their peer committees will review applications to qualify adjunct applicants to be included in their department pool. At their discretion, department chairs may require additional qualifications of applicants.
Those chosen from the Adjunct Instructor Pool must participate in additional application or selection processes as specific needs arise. Appointments of adjunct instructors will be made through and subject to existing personnel rules.*
UW-Stout departments set their own application criteria. That may include, but is not limited to:
- A degree within the discipline the applicant wishes to teach
- Related teaching experience and past performance
- Significant, applied experience in the profession of the intended area of instruction
- Publication history
- Experience with online instruction
- An understanding of adult learner needs
- Availability for on-campus instruction
Refer to the application link for each department’s minimum or preferred criteria.
How the Adjunct Instructor Pool works
- Applicants complete an application for each department in which they have the required credentials and teaching experience.
- Department chairs receive notice of the applications and review them for future eligibility.
- As needs arise, department chairs refer to their pool of applicants, contact those who meet their needs best, and proceed through the screen and hire process.
- Applications and support documents are maintained for two years, after which they are purged, and applicants are invited to reapply to the pool.
*As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups; veterans; and individuals with disabilities.