The medallion is the highest nonacademic award for students.
Samuel E. Wood was a longtime assistant chancellor for Student Services/Dean of Students. He retired in 1991 and died in February 2013.
The Wood award recipients are:
- Caroline Allaback, Appleton, human development and family studies
- Kylie Amundson, Barron, family and consumer sciences education
- Jamee Bastman, Ironwood, Mich., industrial design
- Kaitlyn Eyerly, Cadott, human development and family studies
- Kiranjit Hari, Edgewater Park, N.J., computer engineering
- Kaylee Harris, Aurora, Ill., hotel, restaurant and tourism management
- Michael Heiges, Andover, Minn., applied science
- Chris Johnson, Reedsburg, applied social science
- Blessing Joseph, White Bear Lake, Minn., business administration
- Alex Serier, Stillwater, Minn., supply chain management
- Raelin Sorensen, Centuria, early childhood education
- Jake Thomas, Northfield, Minn., engineering technology
- Samantha Ziwicki, Clearwater, Minn., hotel, restaurant and tourism management
Winners of the annual Leadership Awards are chosen by a committee made up of students and staff. The winners are:
- Outstanding Student Leader of the Year, three winners: Chris Johnson, Reedsburg, vice president of Stout Student Association and president of People’s Organization for Network Gaming; Hazel Peterson, Ladysmith, student assistant in art and design, music director and executive board member of Blue Devil Productions, panelist for trans/nonbinary student panel for the Qube; and Nilu Umarova, Tajikistan, student assistant in Human Resources, president International Club, member Club Management Association of America, Career Services Student Advisory Committee member
- Student Organization of the Year, two winners: Engineers Without Borders and Natural Areas Club
- Student Organization Event of the Year, four winners: American Red Cross Blood Drive, Gamma Sigma Sigma; Fast Fashion and Human Trafficking, FLIGHT Club; Galloway Creek Clean Up, Natural Areas Club; Entrepreneurship and Marketing Workshop at Mainstream Boutique, Stout Retail Association
- Bill Siedlecki Adviser of the Year, Malinda Hebert, Gamma Sigma Sigma
- Student Employee of the Year, three winners: Kaylee Harris, Auroral, Ill., Involvement Center; Olivia Johnston, Gurnee, Ill., TRIO Student Support Services, Fostering Success and First Year Advising; Shelby Larson, Maple Lake, Minn., Math Teaching and Learning Center
- Student Staff Team of the Year, three winners: Counseling Center, front office staff; Memorial Student Center, dining student manager team; Involvement Center, specialists
- Kallie Taylor, Forest Lake, Minn., Experience Scotland, summer 2019
Outstanding Cooperative Education and Internship Program Student of the Year Award
The Outstanding Cooperative Education and Internship Program Student of the Year Award was given to 21 students.
More than 700 students participated in co-ops and internships in the past year through Career Services.
The winners are selected by the program’s Advisory Committee for excellence and achievements in their positions, for contributions to their employers and for academic achievement.
This year’s winners, their majors and employers are:
- Hunter Borchert, Lena, mechanical engineering, Kohler Co.
- Kayla Chamberlain, Maple Grove, Minn., packaging, 3M
- Connor Erwin, Eau Claire, packaging, Boston Scientific
- Kaylee Harris, Aurora, Ill., hotel, restaurant and tourism management, UW-Stout Involvement Center
- Lauren Hughes, Milwaukee, retail merchandising and management, Buckle Inc.
- Nicholas Jerred, Oconomowoc, industrial design, Prestwick Companies
- Connor Johnson, Algonquin, Ill., construction, DBS Group
- Caeleb Johnson, Holdingford, Minn., packaging, WestRock
- Samantha Krugel, Sheboygan, graphic design and interactive media, Gruenke Company
- Katie Lawler, Zumbrota, Minn., retail merchandising and management, Target
- Maddy Lord, Marshfield, packaging, Schreiber Foods
- Jay Luckow, Cedarburg, construction, J.H. Findorff & Son Inc.
- Jakob Margetta, Marinette, hotel, restaurant and tourism management, La Cabana Mexican Cuisine
- Grace Maurer, Rogers, Minn., professional communication and emerging media, UW-Stout Online
- Jordan Moulton, Chippewa Falls, manufacturing engineering, Phillips-Medisize
- Anna Schmidtke, Stacy, Minn., apparel design and development, Core Products International
- Austin Skoug, Osseo, packaging, Promega Corporation
- Alysha Stieber, Marathon, business administration, American Edge Real Estate Services
- Nilu Umarova, Tajikistan, hotel, restaurant and tourism management, Milwaukee Country Club
- Sarah Webber, packaging, Rice Lake, Smiths Medical
- Adam Westendorf, Milwaukee, hotel, restaurant and tourism management, Greenporter Hotel