Both concentrations offer hands-on experiences and business management skills that will give you a competitive edge when entering the profession or pursuing a masters degree. Our program integrates hands on experiences with coursework in nutrition, fitness, health education, business management and community health. We prepare you to help people implement their health goals, sustain life-changing behaviors and manage healthy progress.
Our multi-disciplinary approach includes two field experiences and allows you to focus your studies in a particular area of interest.
The Health and Wellness Promotions concentration will prepare you to:
- establish health education and nutrition programs within businesses, fitness organizations and community organizations.
- consult within the health insurance industry on corporate health and wellness programs.
- effectively address public healthcare issues, disease prevention and health issues related to the use and abuse of drugs and alcohol.
- prepare for Health Promotion Specialist certifications.
The Fitness Professional concentration will prepare you to:
- understand the psychological dimensions of fitness and wellness and help individuals cope with stress and other common life adjustments throughout their lifespan.
- manage a health and fitness organization and inspire people to make health-generating change.
- develop a career as a head athletic trainer, resident athletic trainer or sports medicine coordinator for fitness programs, health clubs and community recreation programs.
- become eligible for certification as a strength and conditioning professional or as an individual and group fitness instructor.
Our unique program offers undergraduate courses and supporting programs based on curriculums developed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) and American Council on Exercise (ACE).