You will be ready to meet the varied needs of offenders, such as mental health and substance abuse, and get them the treatment and resources needed to prevent re-offending. Our faculty of experienced criminal justice professionals will provide you with the education and training to:
- Analyze the nature and causes of crime.
- Integrate and apply human relations skills and counseling to the rehabilitation of public offenders.
- Apply case management and interviewing skills to prepare and monitor case plans for offenders and prepare accurate reports and investigations.
- Participate in community outreach and liaisons with related support service providers and offenders' families.
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and examine criminal justice issues associated with racism and oppression.
First-hand learning and individualized program advisement will prepare you to graduate in four years and pursue career opportunities in law enforcement, community corrections, adult and youth offender rehabilitation programs, court programs and correctional administration.
"I was given the opportunity to attend the Law Enforcement Academy while still enrolled at UW-Stout. This experience was great because of all the networking connections I made, and it put me one step ahead of many other students."
-- DeMarcus Zeroth
B.S.Criminal Justice & Rehabilitation
Use the Request Information form to receive a program summary and learn more about the B.S. Criminal Justice & Rehabilitation.