- Stay in touch. Students love to get mail and care packages. It connects them back to home, back to family. If their grandparents are on Facebook or other social media, that’s an easy way to stay in touch with your student, too.
- Call just to talk. Scheduled calls give students (and grandparents) something to look forward to. Grandparents offer a different perspective when life gets tough. And it’s always good to check-in and see how your student’s doing.
- Emotional support. We all can use a little extra love once in a while. Students appreciate emotional support from grandparents. The life experiences and stories their grandparents share are full of timeless advice for your student.
- Family Weekend. Family Weekend is quality time together. Their grandparents can take your student out to eat. Off-campus dining is a welcome treat that students can seldom afford.
- Homecoming. Campus visits for alumni grandparents are a great way to share Stout experiences with students, and see how the campus has changed over the years. There are many Blue Devil athletic events and cultural events throughout the year your student could go to with their grandparents.
During college, your student is figuring out who they are and how their passions can lead to a career path. Your student will benefit from a wide safety net and family support system. Help your student and their grandparents stay connected.