UW-Stout’s minor in Web Technology emphasizes a broad approach to understanding the many technologies that are essential for managing the complex processes of web-based business communications. The courses required are available for on campus or online students.
A huge demand exists for employees who have strong technical skills combined with the ability to communicate, collaborate and lead others who may or may not have high technical skills.
This minor combined with your UW-Stout degree will give you an important competitive edge.
- Online and face-to-face sections
- 21 Credit Minor
- Fundamental to Advance Level Techniques
- Based on HTML5
- Based on Responsive Design
- Search Engine Optimization Skills
- Web Analytics for Market Analysis and Tracking
Career and Employment Information
This minor can lead you to any of the following rewarding careers:
- Web Designer
- Web Developer
- Web Marketers
- Web Administrator
- Full Stack Developer
- E-Commerce Managers
- Web Consultants
- Interaction Designer
- User Interface Designers
- User Experience Design
- Search Engine Specialist
- Web Content Strategist
Employment Outlook for Web Technologists
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics:
- Employment projected to grow 20 percent from 2012 to 2022
- Faster than the average for all occupations
- Employment of web developers is projected to grow as ecommerce continues to expand.
- Online purchasing is expected to grow faster than the overall retail industry.
- Retail firms will expand their online offerings and demand for web developers will increase.
- Increase in the use of mobile devices to search the web will also lead to an increase in employment of web developers
- National Median wage (2012) = $30.05 hourly, $62,500 annual
- Jobs (2012) = 141,000 employees
- Projected Growth (2012 – 2022) = Faster than average (15% to 21%)
- Projected job openings (2012 – 2022) = 50,700