The online graduate-credit Senior Living and Services Leadership certificate represents an add-on in-program certificate and credential within the existing and established collaborative online MS in Healthcare Administration (MS-HCA) program. The certificate program is offered as a fully online, asynchronous curriculum comprised of four courses (12 credits total), two of which are foundational courses within the MS-HCA curriculum.
- HCA - 701 - Senior Care and Services Systems (3 Cr.)
- HCA - 702 - Leadership Practices Across the Senior Care Continuum (3 Cr.)
- HCA - 730 - Human Capital Management Healthcare (3 Cr.)
- HCA - 720 - Healthcare Financial Management (3 Cr.)
Consistent with the MS-HCA program, the collaborative partners offer the certificate jointly. The program serves as an additional and optional credential for in-program (i.e. MS-HCA degree-seeking) students as well as a freestanding certificate program for non-degree (i.e. certificate-only) students who may or may not elect to pursue the full MS-HCA degree following completion of the certificate.
- Demonstrate strategic leadership and decision making skills necessary in healthcare (senior care).
- Demonstrate professional communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for healthcare settings.
- Develop strategies to recruit, train and sustain an effective healthcare workforce.
- Evaluate operational performance across diverse healthcare organizations.
- Evaluate financial strategies and techniques to meet healthcare organizational needs/goals.
The Certificate is targeted toward working professionals who wish to work in the area of senior care, and those who currently work in the area and are seeking advancement, but do not possess the required skills. Following the collaborative model, students select and enroll at a home campus from which they receive full academic support and the certificate is conferred. Academic advising is provided by the designated MS-HCA academic director at each institution.
Admission Requirements and Application Materials
To apply to the certificate program, please complete the online application form.
Additionally, the following program specific materials are required at the time of application:
- Updated resume
- Unofficial transcript attached to the application
- Provide a 1000-word statement, or short summary, that addresses your academic and professional experience and career goals.
- Two (2) letters of reference, professional preferred
UW-Stout will be your home campus
The graduate-level Senior Living and Services Leadership Certificate is offered through the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration program. The UW Master of Science in Healthcare Administration is a collaboration of five University of Wisconsin institutions: UW-La Crosse, UW-Parkside, UW-Platteville, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Stout, bringing you the best and brightest healthcare management instructors from across the UW System.
Although you will take courses taught by faculty from all five partner campuses and complete your program entirely online, you will be asked to apply to a “home” campus. Your home campus is the institution from which you will receive financial aid (if you qualify), advising, career services, and ultimately, your diploma.
Whether online or on campus, University of Wisconsin programs have a reputation for delivering world-class education and student support. Accreditation is your assurance that you will graduate with skills that are relevant to your field and valued by employers. The graduate-level Senior Living and Services Leadership Certificate is approved by the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents and is pending accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission.