This 15-credit certificate is designed for individuals with significant content knowledge that are interested in strengthening their knowledge and skills in teaching CTE within a K-12 environment.
The program enhances learners’ knowledge and skills to:
- Identify and evaluate issues and trends in education.
- Demonstrate how to teach including a variety of instructional strategies, including use of technology, the development of critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Analyze a learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning and self-motivation.
- Prepare and analyze systematic instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, pupils, the community, and curriculum goals.
- Develop formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual, social and physical development of the pupil.
- Complete coursework in one or two years
- Advance your knowledge of teaching methods and course construction
- All courses online
- Most certification courses taken at an undergraduate level can be applied to a bachelors degree at UW-Stout in order to obtain a teaching licensure