Dr. Alnaeli is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at The University of Wisconsin-Stout, fall 2018. His research interests focus on software evolution, software security and source code vulnerabilities, automatic parallelization and multicore programming, Internet of Things, and using static analysis approaches for mining software repositories. Dr. Alnaeli obtained his Ph.D. in Computer Science from The Kent State University, Ohio, 2015.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Professional Member.
- International Society for Computers and their Applications (ISCA), Professional Member.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Professional Member.
- Saleh. Alnaeli, J. I. Maletic, and M. L. Collard, "An empirical examination of the prevalence of inhibitors to the parallelizability of open source software systems," Empirical Software Engineering Journal, vol. 21, pp. 1272-1301, 2016.
- Saleh Alnaeli, Jens Carter, and Warren Vaz, "Empirically Examining the Quality of Source Code in Engineering Software Systems" in the IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (IEEE/EIT 2018)., Rochester, MI 48309, USA, 2018.
- Jens Carter, Saleh Alnaeli, Warren Vaz, and David Juckem, "A portable cosmic ray detector for engineering, IoT, and science research" in the IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (IEEE/EIT 2018)., Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan, USA, 2018.
- Saleh M. Alnaeli, Melissa Sarnowski, Md Sayedul Aman, Ahmed Abdelgawad, and Kumar Yelamarthi, " Source Code Vulnerabilities in IoT Software Systems", Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal, 2017.
- On the prevalence of indirect function calls in Middleware software systems, Zachary M. Blasczyk; Yanting Liang; Keith Ecker; Saleh M. Alnaeli; Mark Hall, IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (IEEE/EIT 2017), University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA, 2017.
- Saleh M. Alnaeli, Melissa Sarnowski, Md Sayedul Aman, Ahmed Abdelgawad, and Kumar Yelamarthi "On the Evolution of Mobile Computing Software Systems and C/C++ Vulnerable Code", in the 7th IEEE Annual Ubiquitous Computing, Electronics & Mobile Communication Conference (IEEE/UEMCON 2016), New York City, USA, 2016.
- Saleh M. Alnaeli, Md Sayedul Aman, Ahmed Abdelgawad, and Kumar Yelamarthi, The International IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things, 12-14 DECEMBER 2016 // RESTON, VA, USA, “Parallelization in Software Systems Used in Wireless Sensor Networks and Internet of Things”
- Saleh Alnaeli, Amanda AliTaha, and Sam Binder, "Middleware and multicore architecture: Challenges and potential enhancements from software engineering perspective," in the IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT), 2016, pp. 0700-0706., Grand Forks, North Dakota, USA, 2016.
- Saleh, Alali, A., Maletic, J. I., (2012), “Empirically Examining the Parallelizability of Open Source Software Systems”, in the Proceedings of the IEEE International Working Conference on Reverse Engineering (WCRE’12), Kingston, Ontario, Canada, October 15 – 18, pp. 377-386.