Five construction majors at University of Wisconsin-Stout have received six scholarships from an industry board.
The students, one from each class and two with special areas of study, recently were recognized with $1,000 awards by the university’s Construction Industry Advisory Board.
The board is made up of representatives of 35 construction companies, mostly from Wisconsin and Minnesota, who advise the Bachelor of Science construction program at UW-Stout.
Scholarship recipients are:
- Senior: Eric Fabich, of Rhinelander
- Junior: Kendan Iverson, of Lake Elmo, Minn.
- Sophomore: Michael Sonsalla, of Arcadia; also, second scholarship as a business administration minor
- Freshman: Reid Somers, of Mukwonago
- Safety and risk control minor: Brice Anderson, of New Richmond
Mike Moore, a 1984 UW-Stout graduate, is chair of the advisory board. “As a board, we believe it is important to support these future leaders in our industry. It is good for them and our industry,” said Moore, president and owner of Moore Construction Services of Menomonee Falls.
UW-Stout’s construction program, directed by Heath Wiley, historically has had 100 percent employment of its graduates within one year.
Top to bottom: Brice Anderson, Kendan Iverson, Reid Somers, Michael Sonsalla