What our students say:
Coursework in the minor provides a combination of theoretical understanding and applied communication practice that together:
- Boosts confidence when speaking in personal, professional, and/or public spaces
- Teaches skills in public presentation; engaging your audience
- Addresses communication across difference in a variety of contexts; interpersonal, cultural/co-cultural, business, and healthcare settings
- Provides a deeper understanding of others via applied communication practice in the classroom
- Brings forth self-awareness of the verbal and nonverbal messages you send, whether intended or unintended
Reach out and talk to the minor advisor today to learn more about how you may add this valuable minor to your current degree program.
The Communication Studies minor requires 20 credits, consisting of a variety of courses:
Speech, Intercultural Communication, Business and Professional Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Interviewing, Persuasion, Nonverbal Communication, Listening, Small Group Communication, and Health Communication.
You also have the opportunity to customize an area of particular interest via faculty advised independent study, providing you one on one guidance in a specific area of interest.