- Soapbox Derby, 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 12: Cheer on teams as they race their soapbox cars at Wilson and 2nd Avenue in Menomonie.
- Tabletop Game Night, 3 to 10 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 13: Stop by and play some games at the Terrace in the student center.
- Saving Throw Live, 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 13: Join the Californian live theater group in an improv-filled, hilarious journey to parts unknown, in the student center Great Hall.
- Chalking Competition, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14: Pick up chalk from the Involvement Center Desk and chalk up a square outside the student center. Judging will take place at 5 p.m., and the winning design will be featured on BDP and campus social media. In the event of rain, the contest will be on Friday.
- TeawhYB with Miles Blvd, 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14: A performance by the local hip-hop artist is free and open to all at the Terrace in the student center.
The Bluetober Virtual Alumni Event, at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 21, will feature a presentation about famous UW-Stout visitors and a virtual tour of Bowman Hall Clock Tower, with University Archivist Heather Stecklein. Registration is required.
The homecoming committee plans to evolve Bluetober more over the years, inviting more areas of campus to plan events. “As we get the Bluetober ball rolling, it will be nice to have events centered around all different interests – art, literature, entertainment. The list could go on,” Hallgrimson said.
Let’s Glow Blue Devil Run
Runners who prefer to be out after dark are in for a treat. The 17th annual homecoming race is at 8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 14, the first homecoming race to be held at night.
Let's Glow Blue Devil Run is a two-mile fun run/walk, winding through campus. It is open to everyone. Cost to register is $15. Online registration closes Thursday, Oct. 13, at midnight. Runners may also register in person before the race or at the Urec Office in the Sports and Fitness Center.
“We are hoping for about 100 people to turn out for the event,” said Mackenzie Stutzman, associate director of recreation. “We’re really excited about the reimagined theme around the glow in the dark aspect.”
Packet pickup and race-day registration are at 6:30 p.m. outside the Sports and Fitness Center. T-shirts will be available for purchase at the race. All proceeds go to the Urec Scholarship Fund for students.
The run is sponsored by Kwik Trip, WESTconsin Credit Union and Subway, which will provide post-race snacks.