Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked questions


What is my bill / balance?

Please use

1. Select Logins

2. Under Personal accounts

3. Select Access Stout and log in

4. Select Self service

5. Select Student Center

6. Under the Finance heading will see how much you owe


When is the bill due? / Do you have a payment plan?

What is the address to send a check?

UW Stout

Student Business Services

712 South Broadway

Menomonie, WI 54751

How do I pay my bill?

Please use

1. Select Logins

2. Select Personal accounts

3. Select Access Stout

4. Select Self Service

5. Select Student Center

6. Select Make Payment/View Bill link under the heading Finances

Who can I contact with questions about my account?

Please email

How Can I authorize someone else to view my account information? / How do I set up an Authorized User?

What is the laptop fine?

© 2012 The Board of Regents, University of Wisconsin

What is the resident hall permit?

The resident hall permit is the parking permit for the dorms.

How do I receive my military benefit?


How much does it cost per credit/semester/year? - year estimate -per credit tuition rates

I don't understand my bill –am I being charged twice or are there two charges for each item?

The charges you see are actually 10% and 90% of the total charge.This follows our payment plan of 10% the 14th day of the term and 100% remaining on the 45th day of the term.

What are segregated fees?

Segregated University Fee(s) (SUF) describe charges in addition to instructional fees assessed to all students for services, programs, and facilities that support the primary mission of the University. If you would like more detailed information about segregated fees and how they are used, please use the link below.

What is the e-stout fee?

The e-stout fee is a per-credit fee charged to support all hardware, software and administrative functions of the laptop program.Please go to to learn more about the eStout program.

How do I apply for reciprocity?

Apply for reciprocity through the Minnesota Office of Higher Education.

How do I withdraw from UW Stout?

If I drop a course, how much will I get back?

How to identify a hold on my account?

Where is my 1098 T?


Where is my financial aid/ refund?

Please check your Access Stout account and see if your Aid has been applied to your account.

If your aid has not been processed, check your Access Stout To Do list to see if you have completed the loan counseling and your master promissory note with Financial Aid.

Your refund will process when there is a credit on your account with no holds.Refunds are processed Tuesdays and Thursdays with an email notification sent to your Stout email account.

How can I update my address with Stout Higher One?

Please go to the Higher One website or call their number 877-897-2228 to update your address.

How do I get my refund money off my card?

You can use an ATM or login to your account at to have access to process a onetime bill pay to a family member or bill owed.

Loan options


I can't log in to Access Stout?

The Access Stout login and password should be the same as your Stout email login and password. If you are having issues logging into Access Stout, please contact the ASK5000 Helpdesk at 715-232-5000 or at