What are Loans?

Loans are borrowed money that you must repay with interest. The interest rates, terms and eligibility criteria vary from one loan program to another.

The first step in pursuing a loan to help pay for college expenses at UW-Stout , you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other required forms. A minimum enrollment status of half-time (undergraduate 6 credits/graduate 5 credits) is required to participate in all loan programs (except for some alternative loan programs). For information about the application procedure and links to all of the required forms, please go to the section of this website about Applying for Aid.

Undergraduate & Graduate Student Loans: 

Stafford Loan

Parent PLUS Loan

Grad PLUS Loan
Graduate students can apply for the Federal Grad PLUS Loan. For more information, please contact our office at 715-232-1363 or finaid1@uwstout.edu.
Alternative Loan

Perkins Loan

Additional Loan Information

Stafford Loan Processing

Federal Loan Consolidation

Deferments for Stafford & Perkins Loans

Cancellation of Perkins and Stafford Loans