Careers Benefitting from the Sustainable Management Degree
Far from an academic exercise, the Sustainable Management degree takes the theories of sustainability and makes them tangible in the business setting. It's a hands-on, problem-solving degree. By learning the fundamentals of the Triple Bottom Line, you can immediately start helping your company create profits, preserve the environment, and improve the surrounding community.
Here are examples of some of the ways that you’ll be able to help:
- The sustainability-trained Facilities Manager compares the costs of solar panels to clean coal to biofuels to determine not only the total currency cost but also the carbon cost.
- The Plant Manager who has a sustainability degree manages storm water run-off in an environmentally sensitive way and also installs geothermal systems that use the Earth's temperature to heat and cool the plant.
- The Human Resources Director looks at the long-term impact of today's labor decisions on the welfare of the community.
- The green-aware Product Manager figures out a new paint technology that reduces greenhouse gas emissions or evaluates existing packaging processes against today's sustainability standards.
The 21-course, 63-credit degree is unique in that it’s the first online degree to combine the full resources of four nationally recognized campuses with a minimal carbon footprint and the personal flexibility that online learning has always offered. Courses are available and accessible wherever there's an Internet connection.
Online Costs, Application and Transfer Information
UW-Stout's online Bachelor of Science degree in Sustainable Management prepares you for a rewarding career to lead sustainable business initiatives.
Students who are attending another institution, but are planning to receive their degree from UW-Stout, may be eligible to receive aid from UW‐Stout. In these cases, UW‐Stout is considered the Home Institution and the other campus is considered the Visiting Institution.
Online Support Services
In order to help you succeed, you’ll have access to:
- E-mail, library access and other online services
- Toll-free number (800-991-5291) to UW-Stout
- Professional courses taught by UW-Stout faculty
The Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Management degree at UW-Stout is a degree completion program. Students who transfer from an accredited two- or four-year college can apply earned credits to the program. University regulations require that all students complete a minimum of 32 credits from UW-Stout.