Before leaving your country, you must obtain a passport from your government and a visa from a United States Consulate or Embassy. As part of the visa process, you must first go to to make the SEVIS I-901 payment in order to be granted an interview with a consular official. The website has additional links to obtain further assistance if needed.

The following documents must be presented at your visa interview:

    • SEVIS I-901 payment receipt
    • UW-Stout acceptance letter
    • I-20 or DS-2019
    • Proof of finances
    • Passport