University of Wisconsin Stout | Wisconsin's Polytechnic University
Celebrating 125 Years
UW-Stout celebrates 125 years of creative learning and technological innovation. Learn more about UW-Stout's history and polytechnic advantage. More
Artwork by University of Wisconsin-Stout School of Art and Design students and professors can be seen on and off campus in April, May and online.
• Through Wednesday, May 16, cardboard animal sculptures by 3D art class students are on display at Mabel Tainter Center for the Arts.
• Through Friday, the Best of Design Show by students is in the North Gallery of Furlong Gallery. Best in Show in the juried exhibit went to Megan Ruhlach, of Red Wing, Minn., with her interior design piece “Urban Loft.”
• Through Sunday, May 6, Prometheus, featuring artists selected for an annual campus English literature publication by the same name, is in the South Gallery of Furlong Gallery.
• On Friday, May 11, two shows will be featured. A year-end student exhibit opens at Furlong Gallery and the annual Senior Show begins at 7 p.m. in the Applied Arts Building. The Senior Show features dozens of creations by students in the various Bachelor of Fine Arts concentrations: graphic design, industrial design, interior design, multimedia design and studio art.
• An art class, 3D Modeling and Animation, created 30-second public service announcements for Earth Day, which was Sunday. See the animations here.
• The April cover of Ceramics Monthly magazine features artwork by Professor Kate Maury. The magazine also includes an article about an exhibit by Maury and alumnus Adam Gruetzmacher at Macalester College in St. Paul.
• Through June 2, Associate Professor Robert Atwell has one of six solo shows at Art Around the Park in Morristown, N.J.
• Through June 17, a photo by Associate Professor Amy Fichter will be part of the Gardens exhibit at A Smith Gallery in Johnson City, Texas. The photo, “Daisy,” was one of 56 selected from 567 images submitted.
Click here for more information about UW-Stout’s art program.