University of Wisconsin Stout | Wisconsin's Polytechnic University
That’s how employers describe UW-Stout graduates. Our innovative, career-focused degrees combine applied learning and the liberal arts.
University of Wisconsin-Stout has named Tamara Brantmeier as the Dahlgren Professor, has named eight outstanding faculty members and given out three staff service awards.
Brantmeier will receive $7,500 for professional development and teaching-related resources, to be used according to state guidelines for the next two years, from July 1 through June 30, 2014. She is an associate professor of art and director of the undergraduate art program.
The award is named after husband and wife Reinhold and Borghild Eng Dahlgren, 1917 and 1918 graduates, respectively, who left their estate to the university.
Funding for the professorship is through the Stout University Foundation and has been approved by the UW System.
Eight faculty members were chosen by students to receive the Outstanding Teaching Award. They are:
• Robert Fraher, art and design
• Kristal Gerdes, hospitality and tourism
• Bethany Jurs, psychology
• Joan Navarre, English and philosophy
• Katherine Navarre, psychology
• Stephen Nold, biology
• Len Pederson, operations and management
• Keith Wojciechowski, mathematics, statistics and computer science
Outstanding Service Award winners are:
• Emily Ascher, Involvement Center
• Adam Ludwig, University Housing
• School of Art and Design, Outstanding Service Office
The winners will be recognized Monday, Aug. 27, during Chancellor Charles W. Sorensen’s address to begin the 2012-13 academic year.