Medical Emergency

Medical Emergency Community Health Issues

  • Report any serious injury or illness by calling 9-911 immediately!
  • Non-emergency injuries or illness should be reported to University Police (X2222).
  • Begin first aid, if qualified, or seek someone who can. University Police Officers and/or trained personnel (Ambulance, Menomonie Fire Department, Menomonie Police Officers, etc.) will respond shortly, however do not wait to start necessary first aid treatment you're qualified to offer.
  • Community Health Problem Response will be coordinated by the University Health Services (X1314).
  • Personal safety is your first priority. Use protective equipment when in contact with the victim's blood or any other bodily fluids.
  • Time should be allowed for training of employees in emergency techniques, if the job requires it. Contact Safety and Risk Management (X1793) to coordinate trainings.