UW-Stout understands that proper cleaning and disinfection is important to mitigate the risk of spreading COVID-19. Our custodial teams are following recommendations published by the CDC and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for products used for cleaning and disinfecting. These products are approved for use against COVID-19 and are applied per the manufacturers’ recommendations.
Disinfectant products in spray bottles and wiping materials are available from Facilities Management by submitting a work order. To allow for uniformity across campus, products supplied are consistent with products currently used by custodial services. Prior to use, written procedures
and the safety data sheet (SDS) must be reviewed. Procedure and SDS information will be distributed with each spray bottle and will also be available on the Facilities Management Custodial Services website.
Custodial staff will fill empty disinfectant bottles during daily cleaning routines as necessary.
- For general assignment classrooms
- Labeled bottles of disinfectant and wiping cloths will be available in each general assignment classroom.
- A procedure and SDS information will be posted in each room and should be reviewed prior to use.
- For other instructional spaces and office areas
- Labeled bottles of disinfectant and wiping materials may be requested by submitting a work order to Facilities Management. Please coordinate within your department to consolidate requests.
- A procedure and SDS information will be provided with each bottle.
- Requester will be contacted to verify requested quantities, coordinate delivery, and confirm refill process.
The custodial services team has assembled a comprehensive custodial cleaning plan to provide additional information and guidance on cleaning and disinfecting efforts and expectations. The comprehensive custodial cleaning plan can be found on the custodial services website and will continue to be updated as necessary.
For questions about any of these guidelines, please email: email@example.com
Thank you for visiting UW-Stout! We hope you enjoy your time with us.